Donate your vehicle to Komen
Help us drive an end to breast cancer.
Donate your car and raise funds in the local fight against breast cancer. Donate your used car, van, truck, boat, or recreational vehicle to the Oregon & SW Washington Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Simply call our toll free number at 1-855-KOMEN-CARS (1-855-566-3622), or you can donate on-line 24 hours a day by using our fast and easy on-line donation process.
The proceeds from the sale of donated vehicles will fund collaborative and innovative breast cancer education, screening, treatment and support services locally, and research on a national level. More than 75% of the net proceeds will benefit Komen Oregon, with the remaining 25% used for ground-breaking research at Komen National.
We accept ALL vehicles regardless of age or condition.
Donate your vehicle 24 hours a day using our fast and easy on-line process. Simply complete the on-line donation form and we will respond, normally within hours, with all the processing instructions.
Monday – Thursday: 8 am – 7 pm (EST)
Friday: 8 am – 5 pm (EST)
Saturday 9 am – 4 pm (EST)
Simple Steps to Donating Your Vehicle:
• You must have a valid state issued title from motor vehicles issued in the name of the donor when calling or donating on-line
• Contact us either by telephone or on-line to provide your car donation information
• Our office will contract with a local towing company for vehicle pickup. Towing is free for donors!
• Upon notification of pickup, we will send you an official donation receipt
• All donated vehicles to Komen are sold at auction. Once sold, the IRS Form 1098c will be processed to the donor within 30 days of the sale. The IRS form 1098c is attached to the IRS form 8283 “Non Cash Charitable Contributions”
Car donations made to Komen Oregon are tax deductible. Komen Oregon has been designated by the IRS as a 501c3 charity. The best practice is to consult with a tax professional on how to maximize your tax deduction since every car donation and tax situation is unique. The IRS allows the donor to claim a minimum of $500, however, for vehicles with a gross sale price over $501, we will indicate the exact sale price of the donated car on the IRS form 1098c.
Benefits of Donating Your Car to Susan G. Komen for the Cure
• Free towing whether the vehicle is running or not
• You can donate your automobile anywhere in the United States
• Eliminate the hassle of repairing, advertising, and selling your car by letting our courteous, well trained staff handle all the details
• Qualify for an IRS tax deduction
• Importantly, by donating, you are supporting the cause to end and eliminate breast cancer forever
It is the donors’ responsibility to become familiar with the donation process prior to making a car donation. Please consult the “Donors Guide to Vehicle Donations” found in IRS Publication 4303.
Komen Oregon has partnered and entered into an agreement with Komen-cars.org, operated by the Melwood Charity Car Donation Center, a non-profit organization, to manage and operate their car donation program. Melwood, since 1963 provides job training and employment to over 2,000 individuals with disabilities.