Portland Race Event Details
Tshirts, bib numbers, timing chips, and survivor materials available at the Pick-Up Event on Saturday and at the Will-Call tent at the Race on Sunday (beginning at 6:30am). Registration for the Race will also be available at both events.
Saturday, September 14th
9:00am-3:00pm - Registration & T-shirt Pick-up Event, sponsored by OHSU
Crowne Plaza Hotel
1441 NE 2nd Ave., Portland
Please note: There is NO Health Expo at the Convention Center this year.
Sunday, September 15th
Event Schedule (Check out the Course Map!)6:30 Park open for registration and tshirt pick-up
6:30-11:30 Race Village Vendors open
7:00-9:00 Pacesetter Breakfast (Pacesetter Tent)
8:00-9:00 Giving Circle Breakfast (Pacesetter Tent)
7:00-11:30 Survivor City open
7:30 Timed 5k run
7:40 Timed 8k run
8:15 Untimed 1-mile walk
8:40 Untimed 5k run
8:50 Untimed 5k Walk
10:30 Survivor Tribute
Park & Survivor Activities (Check out the Park Map!)
- Survivors, come have breakfast with a guest at Survivor City! Survivors receive a goodie bag provided by our sponsors.
- Don't miss the Survivor Choir and Tribute! At the Battleship Oregon Memorial mast, across from Survivor City.
- Check out Race Village! Local Portland vendors, including many from past Health Expo events!
- New! Team and individual FUN-raising awards! Check out what YOU could win!
Parking & Transportation
- There are NO shuttle buses this year. Please plan accordingly.
- Street parking is free on Sunday until 1:00 pm. Normal rates apply from 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
- Tri-Met will have extra trains and buses running on event morning to serve Race for the Cure participants. Please check trimet.org for schedules.
7 extra MAX trains - serving Clackamas routes, Gresham routes and west-side routes
2 extra buses on the Sunset line
2 extra buses on the Gateway line
- Please allow 15-30 minutes extra for your travel on Sunday morning.
FREE PARKING is available from 5:00 am to 1:00 pm on Race day, Sunday, Sep. 15 on all City Center Parking and U-Park surface lots (NOT PARKING GARAGES). Please visit their LOT LOCATOR page on the City Center Parking website for a list of parking locations. Please do not block other cars from leaving the lot, no attendants will be onsite to move cars. Thank you to City Center Parking for supporting Race for the Cure once again!
- Northbound Naito Parkway/Front Avenue, between SW Jefferson and
NW 26th Avenue, will be closed from 7:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
Some portions of northbound Naito north of SW Oak Street may be re-opened by 10:15 a.m.
- Southbound Naito Parkway, between NW 26th and SW Columbia, will
be closed from 7:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
Some portions of southbound Naito from NW 26th to SW Ankeny Street may be reopened by 10:30 a.m.
- NW 9th Avenue, from NW Naito Parkway to NW Davis, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- NW Broadway, from NW Davis to W Burnside, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- West Burnside will be closed in both directions between 6th and 9th Avenues from 7:45 to 10:30 a.m.
- SW Broadway, from SW Burnside to SW Main, will be closed from
7:30 a.m. until 10:45 a.m.
Cross traffic will be permitted at certain key intersections during the event, however, whenever safe gaps in the runners occur.
- SW Salmon, between SW Broadway and SW Naito Parkway, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
All closures may be subject to change on event day
There will be an additional five security guards at the Park. Please note, in the Clothes Check area, all bags larger than a football will be subjected to search by the Security Guards, employed by Komen. Unattended bags in the park will be subject to search and impoundment.