Please check back closer to Race day as all information listed is subject to change.Event Schedule
7:30 Timed 5k
7:40 Timed 8k
8:15 1-mile walk
8:40 Untimed 5k run
8:50 5k Walk
Free Shuttles - Information Subject to Change
Shuttles run from 6:30am-12pm on Race day.
Plan on being at your shuttle location one hour prior to your desired arrival at the Race.
Shuttles leave approx. every 10 minutes to and from the Race throughout the morning.
Final buses leave downtown at noon to bring you back to your location.
Pick Up Locations:
Washington Square Mall presented by Les Schwab Tire Center. Pickup location: NE corner of the mall parking lot on Greenburg Road (next to Les Schwab Tire Center).
Wilsonville Regal Cinemas presented by Les Schwab Tire Centers. Pickup location: Regal Cinemas Wilsonville parking lot located at 29300 SW Town Center Loop.
Providence St. Vincent’s Medical Center presented by Providence Cancer Center, 9205 SW Barnes Road.
Providence Portland Medical Center presented by Providence Cancer Center, 4805 NE Glisan Street
Kaiser Permanente presented by Kaiser Permanente Building 500 NE Multnomah Street (corner of NE Grand and Multnomah, 4 blocks west of Lloyd Center).
Street parking – Normal meter rates apply.
- Northbound Naito Parkway/Front Avenue, between SW Jefferson and NW 26th Avenue, will be closed from 7:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Some portions of northbound Naito north of SW Oak Street may be re-opened by 10:15 a.m.
- Southbound Naito Parkway, between NW 26th and SW Columbia, will be closed from 7:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Some portions of southbound Naito from NW 26th to SW Ankeny Street may be reopened by 10:30 a.m.
- NW 9th Avenue, from NW Naito Parkway to NW Davis, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- NW Broadway, from NW Davis to W Burnside, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- West Burnside will be closed in both directions between 6th and 9th Avenues from 7:45 to 10:30 a.m.
- SW Broadway, from SW Burnside to SW Main, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. Cross traffic will be permitted at certain key intersections during the event, however, whenever safe gaps in the runners occur.
- SW Salmon, between SW Broadway and SW Naito Parkway, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Public Transportation Information
Taking TriMet to the Race? Visit the TriMet booth at the Komen Health Expo on September 14th and 15th - make your trip quick and easy by purchasing your TriMet ticket in advance. As of September 1st the TriMet Free Rail Zone will be eliminated. Regular fares apply on bus, MAX and streetcar in all parts of the city.
MAX -Information Subject to Change
Early morning MAX service has been added for Race participants! TriMet will add extra MAX service to help riders going to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure event on Sunday, September 16 at Waterfront Park. TriMet will have employees volunteering their time to make the event a success. Many of these employees have had a family member touched by breast cancer.
All MAX lines and buses will run on regular Sunday service.
There will be 4 extra buses on standby to assist with overflow crowds
Several bus stops on the race route will be closed in downtown and Northwest Portland with signs directing riders to nearby stops. Regular TriMet fares apply.
Make Riding Easy
Plan extra time. Bus and MAX riders should plan an extra 15 to 30 minutes for their Sunday morning trips.
Plan trips in advance. For complete TriMet schedules and trip planning, visit trimet.org or call 503-238-RIDE (7433) weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Purchase tickets in advance. Tickets valid for Race day are available for purchase at the Komen Health Expo at the Oregon Convention Center on Friday, September 14, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, September 15, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.